A continuous integration and deployment pipeline
1) Which answer best describes Continuous Deployment?
A software development discipline where software is released continuously as part of an automated pipeline.
Continuous Deployment is a third term that’s sometimes confused with continuous delivery. Where continuous delivery provides a process to create frequent release but not necessarily deploy them, continuous deployment means that every change you make automatically gets deployed through the deployment pipeline.
2) What’s the difference between Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment?
Continuous Delivery means the code CAN be released at any time, while Continuous Deployment means it is released continuously.
3) Which answer best describes Continuous Integration?
A software development practice where contributors are integrating their work very frequently; usually each person integrates at least daily leading to multiple integrations per day .
4) Which answer best describes Continuous Delivery?
A software development discipline where software is built so that it can be released to production at any time.
5) Which is a Continuous Integration best practice?
Make the Build Self-Testing.Build every commit.Maintain a single source repository.
Continuous Integration: Ex=> Jenkins server
Continuous Delivery: Ex=> Docker + Jenkins
Continuous Deployment: Ex=> Ansible ,Puppet, Chef, Cf-engine, Salt